So you want to advertise with us? Great!
The ROCK wants your business, and we want your business to be successful. One of our objectives is to promote the best that California’s Central Coast has to offer. The ROCK is the premiere gateway to local businesses and non-profit organizations that want to increase their visibility. Our audience (15,000 pageviews/month and 500 monthly unique visitors) consists of variety of audiences who want to get inside the biggest stories, and discover the best-quality businesses that fit their specific needs.
Who is reading The ROCK?
- Educated local readers (ages 16-70) from San Luis Obispo County that are interested in local business profiles and reviews. This demographic has a strong preference for viewing content that provides a better account of what’s happening around them than the traditional media sources they’re used to. Educated local readers tend to share The ROCK content with friends and family. This audience relies on our articles more than reviews and information found on popular sites like Yelp.com and TripAdvisor since we hand-pick the best businesses on the Central Coast for coverage. Readers enjoy our focus on quality and exclusivity.
- Tourists from all over the state, country and world. When people think of California, they think of sunny San Luis Obispo County, and The ROCK has it covered. This audience traditionally looks at businesses located in the coastal regions of San Luis Obispo County. However, since the beginning of the 2008 economic recession, this audience has expanded their search parameters to North County businesses because of their affordable stores, restaurants and lodging. Businesses, hotels and wineries in North County are currently in high demand — and according to social media research data, it shows.
- Social media savants of all ages. The ROCK is the first news publication on California’s Central Coast to reach out to readers and connect with them through social media like Facebook and Twitter: the digital frontiers of cutting-edge marketing and advertising. Our audience of social media users will be able to rapport with The ROCK and directly influence our coverage in an unprecedented way. Readers can interact with The ROCK by posting on its Facebook page – and “liking” us — or by using the hashtag #rocktalk on Twitter. We’re also on Reddit! Advertisers can take advantage of our advertising and marketing in many ways, including being promoted exclusively through our social media ad campaigns.
What kinds of ads do we offer?
All ads must be at least 80 kb in file size, 72 dpi and can be provided in the following forms: *.gif, *.jpg, *.png or in *.swf (Macromedia Flash). The ROCK also designs ads. Just ask.
- 250 x 250 banner (top right) - This ad gets plenty of exposure. People tend to focus on banner advertisements when they’re placed on the right side column. This ad is placed on all pages, including the homepage, for the best exposure. Successful ads placed here are eye-catching, colorful and relevant to the material provided in The ROCK.
- 468 x 60 banner (above and/or below article) - These ads appear directly above and below the articles. The top ad will guarantee that it will be seen, and the bottom ad will double your exposure on the same page. Successful ads placed here are relevant to the articles, including businesses and non-profit organizations that were already profiled in The ROCK.
- 729 x 90 leaderboard (bottom of site) - This ad is the largest that The ROCK offers. This ad is very valuable real estate on many news publication sites, so get it while it’s hot! Successful ads placed here are eye-catching, colorful and relevant to the material provided in The ROCK.
- Pop Under - This ad is our most effective way of earning exposure for your business or non-profit, and it’s less intrusive for readers. The ad pops up a website or banner of your choice behind visitor’s current active window on any left click action. As readers browse through The ROCK, they will see a pop-up ad after they close or minimize their web browser.
- Sponsored Articles (“Advertorials”) - This is an effective way of generating business and sales. Either we write about your business or you can! Advertorials are seemlessly integrated into our news cycle and will receive a significant amount of traffic. People using Facebook and Twitter are automatically notified of any new articles almost immediately after publishing. This is the best way to generate social buzz.
What are the other ways businesses can be promoted by The ROCK?
- E-mail marketing - The ROCK has a growing list of subscribers that check out our e-mail newsletters. Advertisers would be part of the e-mail newsletters as sponsors, and their name/brand will receive additional exposure from hundreds of loyal readers. Banner images (except Flash) can be incorporated into these e-mails, but text is preferred because readers often find images in e-mails to be intrusive.
- Facebook marketing - Advertisers receive mentions on The ROCK Facebook page. Advertisers are also incorporated into ad campaigns if their business or non-profit is featured in the publication (link goes to featured article). These ad campaigns will be seen by thousands of Facebook users in our carefully selected target demographics, including people who reside in San Luis Obispo County.
- Twitter marketing - Twitter is a great way for businesses to connect with their customers. The ROCK offers sponsored tweets that will be seen by all followers on @rockofthecoast. Because Twitter is a fast-paced, active environment of web connectivity, we can promote exclusive offers and discounts on advertiser products — and customers will be driven to our advertisers’ business within a day
Do you want to personalize and evolve your business?
Website, graphic design and public relations - The ROCK will help your business or non-profit organization evolve. Our growing team of experienced designers and editorial innovators will work with your business to help expand your exposure and profit potential at affordable rates.